Monday, March 17, 2008

the post also known as...

  • Meeting Miss Lily
  • Cutey Patootie
  • Lily and Willie

I couldn't decide.

Will and I had a lovely day today. I admit I went to school in my PJ's but I got to have a shower when I got home... shower in the morning is a good thing!
Then we headed north to see Miss Mannington (also known as Jennie, but she'll always be Miss Mannington to us).
I forgot how nice it is to escape the world in this direction. Everything just seems to open up once you get past Woodhill and it gets greener and cleaner and more relaxed. Jennie and Terry have a lovely old Villa with lots of wood that reminded me of where I did most of my growing up in Leith St, Dunedin.
The babies were both a tad crankety and crotchety when they first met but they soon settled and so the Mama's just sat back with Babes in arms and admired them and stroked their tiny feet while we talked and talked and talked about babies, the universe and everything but most especially babies.
In fact we talked so much when I asked Jennie the time we had totally missed lunch and afternoon tea and I had 6 minutes to do the 25 minute drive to pick up the kids (I thought it was around 1:30- 2 o'clockish!!) Time really does fly when you are having fun. Lucky for me Les was right next door and he picked up the 2 some and dropped them to the Carringtons where I met them... a very happy ending.... and now with out any further messing around here's the yummy part of this post.... Miss Lily meets Master Willie...


Lily had a rough start to life and was only little when she was born but she's now doubled that in 7 weeks so like Will she has the hang of this growing thing down pat. What got me is it was only 12.5 weeks ago that Will was that light and I really can't remember it... and now he's so heavy I need medical help for my poor baby carrying arm!


Already sharing secrets.



I tell you if Lily had have known that she even had hands and if Will remembered that he discovered his on the weekend it would have been an even more beautiful thing! I'm not one for arranged marriages especially in one so young... but I tell you Miss M would be one cool Mama-in-law!



She's got a little smile action going on here... I think it's the "I- know- you're- not- my- Mum- but- you- still- smell- like- Boob- Juice- so- I'm- cool- with- it look!



And here's Will being decidedly unfriendly with our friend Trae and his Mum Linda... he's normally very charming with new people but I think he was getting a bit tired or maybe missing Lily already! Thanks Jennie for the awesome day of doing very little we'll do it again soon. And thanks Carringtons for taking in the kids when their Mama neglected them and also for the lovely boy stuff! Hooray for good friends.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,FINALLYleaving a comment! Loved the rest of Logans album, its really awesome!!! Good to see photos of you, with any of the crew (as your pa would say) but especially with Will, as I love being able to see him & your blog makes it so easy to be part of his being a little baby's life. The typing is a bit faster now as using 1 right hand finger too, haha Sylvia whats a url