Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sssshhhhhhsss

I just spent 2 and half hours reading a book and a magazine and playing with my camera. I got snacks and a drink and just sat. The I went and got my lunch. I've just browsed stamps on ebay and now I'm writing this. The first 2 and a half hours I spent in the bedroom keeping half an eye on Will sleeping...

42 minutes into it he woke with a start holy cow when he wakes up it's whoa to go. 10 minutes to resettle him quiet shushing and patting his chest. NO eye contact.

Approx 42 minutes later- startle wake- shush, pat almost instantaneous sleep... not as settled though at first.

Then 50 odd minutes into that some stirring and a more patting. Then when he was quite settled I realised I could go as I don't mind if he wakes up now.

Tips....make sure that...
... the room is warm.
... you have a drink.
... the chair is comfy.
... you can put your feet up.
... you have enough snacks.
... the chair doesn't make a weird noise when you get up.
... you make no eye contact, it's fatal.
... you have a pillow to rest your patting arm on... it will get tired.

Now I am off to check the mail there's something interesting down there... oh and yeah one more tip don't wear your noisy shoes into the bedroom... you may need them later.

No comments: