Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Celebration Bunting

I've had a plan in my head to make a fabric bunting for a special someone for a long time. Then I got inspired by the bunny banner to do a fabric one. It wasn't terribly hard to do at all but I am glad to have done the trial run on something that wasn't terribly important. I brought the fabric with the hearts from the cheapy pile at a quilting shop that I recently discovered (dangerous!!) and the spots are left over from the baby sling which Les made for me and now plays host to Miss Vienna. I am still deciding if I will get Les to cut the letters for "CELEBRATION!" with iron on for me at work- the problem being the best colour option is black- which will be pretty intense! This is long enough to span the long side of our lounge and would also be cool draped around a tree of picnic umbrella and we will be bringing it out for occasions big and small... from Merit Certificates to Fathers day and so on... plus it has enough green to look Christmassy when the time comes... Yay!




No comments: