Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Jo-Jo Squishy!

 These little squishy 'pouch' type thingees are used for all manner of young critters- mostly marsupial babies. The two in the first photo on the left and right were the examples I was loaned. The one in the middle is my prototype, created with the help of my lovely neighbour, Adrian, who has a more engineering minded brain than mine- with a bit of a sewing bent as his wife of forever is a keen sewer and quilter.


Mine are the perfect size for a supermarket insulated bag. With a wildlife specific heat pad added they provide long-term warmth for the critters when their carer needs to be out and about. I think I made about 16 of them in the end. Recycling stuffing from Op-shop cushions. :-) I have to say they are really nice and soft to put your hands into. :-) And feel cosy and warm without a heat pack.



At the shelter they often refer to the kangaroo joeys in care as 'the Jo-jos' That's why I have called my version of these Jo-jo Squishys. :-)




No comments: