Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stamps, and more stamps, and oh look more stamps.... sigh

I have been overwhelmed lately by the mass of 'stuff' that I have for crafting. It's almost suffocating- especially as there is somewhat of a 'guilt load' associated with the 'stuff' that I don't use. I did an analysis of my scrapping style so I can target my purchasing in the future to the stuff that I really use as opposed to the stuff that I find really pretty! And then I pulled out my basket of Acrylic stamps.


I pulled them out because they are one of the items I identified as practically never using (despite the fact I have them right on hand). 



 Then I divided them into stacks used, used once, never used and very new. Can you guess which is which?

 Yeah: Left to right: Never used, used once, used and finally very new.


Then I remembered that I had a drawer of alphabet stamps....


Which made me realise actually I have TWO drawers of alphabet stamps. (Gulp).


 And I figured while I was taking stock of my stamps I should photograph the wood mounted ones.

Here:


Here:

Here (This box is packed away)

and here... (all the Christmas ones together)


And while I was in the cupboard I took photos of my foam stamps- that whole left handside of the middle shelf.


And these ones that live on the top of my cupboard.


 Then I remembered this tub of 7 gypsies ones also purchased recently (on the cheap) and largely unused.


 And then later still Tama alerted me to these ones stored somewhere different because they are on 12x12 sheets, which I had completely forgotten I owned despite the fact I organised them into their box about four months ago!


This is all somewhat embarrassing especially as I have my own rule about only buying stamps if you can see multiple uses for them. I guess the rule should be if you can use them multiple times. So what to do? I am hesitant to purge them before I put in place some sort of system for trying to use them more often... but I have no idea how to make sure I use them more often! 

So if you were me... what would you do?

Open a stamp store... LOL!

2 comments:

The Determined Scrapper said...

Don't feel bad, you are not alone. I too have the very same thing. Some here, some there, oh I forgot over here. I am going through mine too and have no clue what I am going to do with them. I think I am going to try and sell them first and then donate. Good luck with yours and thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

WHOA,OMG and lol, SO MANY STAMP!!!!!
I always loved using and looking at your stamps at camp due to you having SO MANY gorgeous, pretty and funky stamps, BUT holy cow thats SUPER MEGA STAMPS!!!!!!!!!
Im pleased the "over sensible money spending side of me" hasnt let ne buy too many. But far out they are coooool Syl