Monday, May 25, 2009

Cool Title

I was really happy with the title on my Animal Instints LO for the Kaiser DT Submissions came out so I thought I'd share what I did here...

1. Print title onto plain paper. I would recommend a simple block font. This one was 'Too Much Paper' (Leaving off the dot on the capital i), 'Tan Patty' and 'Basic Font' would work well too.

2. Stick the title into place with a low tack tape (I use masking tape).

3. Use an embossing stylus to trace the outlines of your letters onto your cardstock.

4. Remove the paper and paint your letters using the embossed lines as a guide.
5. Trace and outline of the letters just inside the edges of your painted letters with a thin tipped black pen. It doesn't need to be perfect.
6. Roughly go over the black line with an opaque white pen leaving some of the black left uncovered.
The result is a fun relaxed and playful title... cool!....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea - opens up the use of computer fonts!