Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear Craig McAuliffe

This is my 80's page for the Era Challenge over the weekend. I have pasted the journalling below because it's kind of funny.

I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. You must have thought you really smelled- or hopefully that I was just a total dork.
It took a huge amount of courage for me to ask you to the movies and I really liked you- I did! But I guess I just wasn't quite ready. What were we? 12 years old? 13 perhaps. I think it was the Summer holidays before high school started.Do you remember the theatre- I think it was the Octagon? I can't remember the movie either- maybe Stand By Me or Karate Kid 2.
What I do remember was the music they played before the movie started- and ever since I've never been able to listen A-Ha's Take on Me without feeling guilty about you.I guess I wasn't really ready for a 'movie 'date' with the old yawning-arms-round-shoulders technique and the 'pashing' that comes after it. So I am fairly certain I just ignored all your advances and got out of there as quickly as possible when the movie was done with hardly a word said.I felt so completely out of my depth. I remember being relieved that we had weeks of holidays before I had to face you again! I am so sorry, it was a terrible way to behave and I can't imagine how I made you feel. In this case it really wasn't you- it was me totally me-what a dork!
Yours sincerely Gypsy


No comments: