Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week In The Life 2010 the book.

Snapfish was having a sale so I got the WITL book printed. I have talked about how much I hate Snapfish before so I am not going to go on too much here. (Large corporate, impersonal 'service', overseas call centre- blah blah blah).

I was disappointed to find that they had removed the option to add extra pages to their soft cover photobook forcing me and and my 35 pages to go with the more expensive hard cover.

But was frustrated by the fact that you can't resize/shift the front cover image so it ends up where you want it. (And it annoys me that you must have a stupid grey frame on the photos on the back cover).

But mostly what pisses me off is the amount of bleeding off the edges of the pages and the fact that the images you see when you preview the book do not reflect what you will lose. I am used to Snapfishs' shoddy service and so allow LARGE margins on all sides of my photos but I still get this....








That said I am happy to finally have it done and the actual print quality and construction of the book is good- and the best thing is that everyone has been reading it!



1 comment:

Katie Nelson said...

awesome book! Thanks for sharing the link at The Daily Digi :)