Monday, March 30, 2009

5 Reasons to Love....

Donna Downey's 'Designing Layout's'

  1. Donna's cool style- her pages are simple but stylish.
  2. Great tips under each LO - one of my fabes; "Large embellishments work best in a limited colour range" You have to see the funky embellishments she made on the page in question to appreciate it... but it's a great stand alone tip.
  3. Easy format... this book is super simple to use. The contents lists the number of photos of each LO- very handy.
  4. Little photos... I like using little photos on my LO's and 'DL' has lots of options to do this
  5. Nothing bigger than 6x4- yay!
I am going to make the plan's in the book into layered templates in Photoshop and use the photo blocks as clipping masks so I can just drop in my photos and drag them into the right crop. Then I'll drag the smaller pictures onto 6x4 canvas' for printing. And then I can use them for digital scrapbooking as well... sweet as!

No comments: