Monday, March 16, 2009

Magic Happens When You Read Together

7 sheets of alphabets, no s, and a serious need to 'buy a few vowels' but still lots of letters so it seemed like a waste to chuck them away. So this is what I did....

  1. First up I built a complete alphabet on one sheet and decided which other sheets I could save for a later day.
  2. I put my title letters lightly in place.
  3. I proceeded to surround them with the remaining alphabets using the most common of my leftovers first. I covered one full half of the sheet.
  4. I lifted my title and put it aside for safe keeping.
  5. I used the negative section from one of the empty sheets of stickers as a mask/stencil on the right hand side of the page.
  6. I covered it all in paint.
  7. I used 2 coats on the right hand side and about 4-5 on the left because some of the colours were quite bright and really showed through.
The texture is yummy!


Once the paint dried I added my title letters back placed my photo with foam tape to make it pop out from the background. And then used some black letters to make a funky frame on the right.

Letters; Doodlebug (If you find them then grab me some as well because they have been great!). Glitter letters: Making Memories, Cardstock: Bazzill and paint from The Warehouse!

1 comment:

jess said...

This is so creative, love it!!