Monday, October 12, 2009

Reading Now: Collage Lost and Found

Collage Lost and Found by Giuseppina "Josie" Cirincione

Originally I was loaned this and Cirincione's second book 'Bent, Bound, and Stitched' by Miss Wendy and I wasn't far past the cover when I knew that it was a book that I wanted to own. Purely as eye candy this book is absolutely delicious!

I guess if I am being objective about it not everyone will find inspiration amongst the pages because it just may not be their style. But if you enjoy collage and want to get more artsy then I think you will really enjoy it.

There are some initial chapters about supplies and where to find them- some background type stuff for getting started. The list is fairly comprehensive and I think you could still manage to do quite a lot of cool stuff with out all of the tools she suggests.


Then there are three sections full of projects with instructions on how they were put together.
'Collage Catechism' includes Greeting cards, Tags and Business cards. 'A Formal Viewing' has books, shrines and wall art. The last chapter is 'Fashion fortissimo' which includes Home accessories, gifts and and some pretty funky jewelery. The end of the book has 4 pages of picture which you can copy and use in your own work, a resource list and an index.

Personally I think the projects in this book are stunning- seriously cool. The instructions are simple to follow and make the ideas easy to replicate in your own projects. If you are looking to get into collage, altered books or make your scrapbook pages a bit more funky then I highly recommend this book!

No comments: