Monday, October 5, 2009

Reading Now: Oh Baby!

As you may have noticed I have been doing a lot of little baby scrapping lately I'm keen to get some of Wills stuff done while he is still kind of little and I am trying to do some photos from the other two kids baby albums as well. I brought this book a while back to provide some inspiration for all that.

The book is divided into ten sections and also includes a couple of articles. The sections include; Announcements, decor, welcome cards, shadow boxes, girl pages, boy pages, milestones, mini albums, adoption, and twins. The articles look at documenting the first year, and preserving memorabilia on layouts.

Scrapbook Trends is technically a magazine so there is advertising but it is minimal (I guess that's why it costs more than your standard mag- that and each of the 150 odd pages is full colour). I have brought Scrapbook Trends in the past and enjoyed the projects in their mini albums book and I do like the relatively ad-free format.

Each page is dedicated to a specific project, as well as a clear picture, there are very basic instructions and a basic supply list.

While there are some nice/cute projects in the first 50 pages of the book there was nothing that screamed 'make me!' and there were some things where I just thought-'you have to be kidding!' For example birth announcements that were either way too expensive or too time consuming to reproduce in any great number.

As for the LO's and mini albums throughtout the magazine there really wasn't anything stand-out or remarkable. Yes they are good looking projects and high quality with a range of Easy to difficult. But nothing you couldn't find in a cheaper non baby specific magazine and no new ideas that I felt compelled to add to my idea notebook. The articles were very basic and not really much that you couldn't figure out yourself with a couple of moments of using your own brain.

My verdict; nice to look at don't pay for it though.... you can borrow mine.

No comments: