Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Challenge Day 1: Rosette Decoration

It's only once it gets dark that you realise your photo is weird!!! Because then it's too late to take another one. This is my effort for day 1 of Paula's 24 days of Christmas Creating Challenge. I've been wanting to try my hand at rosettes for a while it is both harder and easier than I thought.
This one is made with three different Basic Grey papers, some pearl beads a droplet 'crystal' one black brad, foam tape and some nice thread for hanging. And obviously I used a couple of scallop punches.

The easy part is that they are quick and simply to make. The hard part is that there needs to be a width to length ratio and you need to accurately fold it in half. Mine is at all accurate and I went through a trial and error process with the l x w ratio. The length on the green one was way to long for the width of my paper so I needed to keep trimming sections off. On the one below the length was too short so my concertinas are a bit too spread and my middle very bunched!

That said I like this one and hope to do another with the same paper and actually finish it with some sort of centrepiece! I downloaded the paper from a site with sheet music for Christmas carols each carol had a sweet old fashioned picture to match! You can find them here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Having made ribbon rosettes in the past... long, long time ago when the earth was young... I know how fiddly they can be. Sometimes you never have enough fingers and the rest the time you feel like you are all thumbs, but the rest can be amazing, as evidenced by your photos.
I love this rosette.

Queen T said...

I want to know how to make these - supa cute