Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recycling


Our shire has what they call a verge side collection every six months. Much like the inorganic in Auckland- only it's pretty much everything. I spotted the notice board below as I was going past some ones pile the other day on the way to grab the kids. Then on my way back past I didn't see it and figured someone had scored it. A week or so later and I see it again so stopped by and grabbed it.


As you can see the notice board is mouldy and mildewy but other than that it's in pretty good condition. I stripped it back to it's bare bones and left it out in the sun as the week long sit outside had left it a bit damp.
 Then when I had my 'day off' I dug through my fabric stash for something suitable. The only piece I had that was big enough was a piece of amazing red silk which I am totally in love with and wish I could find a use for. It wasn't the best choice for this project but it was the only choice without having to waste precious time on a trip to spotlight.


30 minutes and a bunch of staples later... done!
(I ran out of black ribbon but I actually like the green here anyway and may look at replacing all the black if I can find a similar colour ribbon some where.)


Then I installed it in it's new home.


And I love it!

No comments: