Monday, May 20, 2013

Supply Overload!

Just a quick one from me today because I'm busy with a bunch of 'stuff' and I really need to have an early night!

But I've got a problem and I'm hoping my scrappy friends can help.

I'm slowly getting back into scrapbooking and I'm changing the way I deal with most of my photos (more on that later). What I'm finding is that what should be a fast and easy way to scrap is being slowed down by supply overload. I can easily purge a bit of stuff but there's still a whole bunch that I have that I really want to use. But I can't keep going through my whole stash for each set of photos that I scrap because it's wasting my time!!

So my question is do you have any strategies for using up your stash easily?

In the past I have essentially kitted up a number of pages at once laying out the supplies I want to 'use up' and matching them to the best fit photos/LO's. But I don't think that will work for me now and I am reticent to 'kit-up' a bunch of pages as I am scrapping too slowly so I know that when I come to my kitted pages my motivation/ideas/mood will have changed and I won't necessarily want to follow the plan I had already started. I also want to avoid using stash just for the sake of using it- because I've found in the past it often doesn't make a page that I am 100% happy with... rather it makes a page that is the best of a bad situation. Or it makes a page that was supposed to use certain supplies but actually doesn't. :-)

Ideas please....

No comments: