Saturday, December 7, 2013

Daily December 2013 Supplies

I've had all my bit and pieces together since late last month but hadn't got around to photographing them till this week.

This year I'm using an American Crafts D-ring 8x8 album with a variety of page protector sizes, divided pocket pages and pre-printed inserts.

Studio Calico Inserts

Simple Stories Snap Divided pocket pages

 More Studio Calico


8x8 pages protectors

 
6x6 page protectors and more Studio Calico

I haven't pre-planned anything because I never know how many pictures I'll want to use or what colours or anything. I like the option to do what I want and the mixed up look as well. I suspect I'll be using a bunch of digital collage pages as well in 5x7, 6x8, 6x6 and 8x8.

 
This is my full stash. I found a super tacky but very handy wooden hold-all/tool caddy type thing at the Clothing bin. I need to 'beautify' it in the future but it will do for now. 

Two plastic bags contain miscellaneous stickers left over from past years. I ruthlessly weeded out the stickers I knew I was never going to use- let it snow and such and the rest went in the bag. There's  a good chance that I'll just chuck most of whatever is left out at the end of the year- it obviously doesn't thrill me.... and there's always something new coming along. The second bag holds all my numbers. I had a bunch on 12x12 sheets and I cut most of them apart this year because I like to work fast and get this project done so I am more likely to use a supply item if it is ready to go.

This mini basket holds 3x4 and 6x4 cards as well as a selection of Washi tapes I think might work well.

The second mini basket has randomly sized die cut pieces, tags and journalling spots. Once again  I think I'll cull some of this lot when December is done as well. Another reason for this is that I sometimes find that the 'wintery' and rich themes of some of the Northern Hemisphere supplies just don't seem to suit the mood of our very hot holiday season. I did consider making this more of a Summer Holiday album... but I love Christmas too much to give up a great excuse for indulging in a 'Christmassy' activity like this.

On the left hand side of the hold all is a container with a bunch of flat things; tags, tickets, paper doily's, new stickers, and enamel dots. Plus fibres and threads etc....

 

The right had container has some more of the same really and a bunch of more dimensional stuff as well.

 I picked out a few stamp sets that will work. These ones by Kal Barteski for Studio Calico which I love- but have yet to use.

Lots of stars , some Christmassy ones and number stamps for the days. Plus the star stencil/template that came with the Cocoa Daisy Kit.

In the back are my 6x6 Christmas Paper Pads, larger sticker sheets, and a variety of alphabets.

Paper scraps.

Speciality papers: Die-cut, transparencies, vellum, and Glitter card. 

Then my (rather extensive) collection of Christmas Themed Patterned paper. (Note to self: I have (more than) enough.) This one from Basic Grey a couple of years back is a favourite.

A couple of books to pull stuff out of. 

And finally some non-scrapbooking stuff that I thought might come in handy- mostly from Kikki-K. I love that little advent Calendar card and it comes with the coolest glassine/glitter envelope.

I've been slow to get started on my pages because everything went a bit pear shaped this week when my car broke- but I'm sorted now and have sent the first 7 days photos off to get express printed so I can go pick them up soon.
 ♥

No comments: