Sunday, January 4, 2009

Round-up~ December

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Creating Keepsakes, Healthy Food Guide, Next, Notebook (love this mag, can't afford to buy it don't want to take up space saving it... so I only get it every so often and I couldn't resist the Christmas cover). Better Homes and Gardens- December and Christmas Editions... it's a yearly tradition for me!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

Outrageous Fortune series three (thanks Flybuys!), Napoleon Dynamite, Doctor Who, Back to the Future (Can you tell that Kieran was home sick??), Taladega Nights, Blades of Glory, Night at the Museum.

What special days did I celebrate?

Will's Birthday, Christmas

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

A Present for Harrison for his birthday/naming. Will's birthday pressies. Lot's of cool Christmas pressies too many to mention. Best was probably Les' and the Good Will Gift. And a lotto ticket for Pop Rae.

What illnesses or health concerns did we have?

Merenia and Wil AND Kieran: the Chicken Pox.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Christmas decorating, Santa Photo, visited Room 20 with Ninja Baby

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Cafe Rae! For Christmas Dinner, Frank Feijoa and Pear, the Strawberry shop Ice creams- yum!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

This year our good will Christmas gift was for a little 5 year old girl who was or had recently been in the care of The Women's Refuge. We normally put something under the KMart Wishing Tree but I like this better as you have a name and I think it meant a lot more thought went into the pressie. We also got something little for her Mum as well... I may have gone a little overboard but it's worth it.

What were this month's disappointments?

December was a bit of a disappointment all over mostly because the chicken pox threw everything out... there was some other stuff but it's best not to dwell on it isn't it!

What were my accomplishments this month?

December daily. Running around all over town and looking after three sick kids whilst simultaneously getting ready for Christmas and Will's first birthday!

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Probably but I can't remember them!

No comments: