Monday, February 9, 2009

Documenting Our Family: 1st 5 years Books

Each of our children has a First Five Years Book as well to make things easy they all have an Ann Geddes one (this was a hell of a mission when Will was conceived to find one of the old Layout ones with a different cover than the other two!!-hooray for the internet!)

These started 'PS' (Pre-scrapbooking) so there's probably a lot of stuff in there that would now go on scrapbook pages which it will as well in Will's case and hopefully as I back track over the kids photos.

You'd think that that Mira's would have the pumpkin one... but who knew when Kieran was born that she would come along and be called Pumpkin! So it goes K, M and W from left to right...


The intention is that the kids will get these when they are old grown-ups with their own kids in the pipeline (so they'll appreciate them). I did my very best to make sure I kept up with them - it was a lot easier when we lived in Australia.

(Merenia's)
(Will's)

(Merenia's)

(Merenia's)
I also wrote the kids periodic letter's about what they were up to and funny things they did and said. Intially I put them in the spare pages at the back of the book but that soon filled up so I stapled the letters to the back page of the book. (Gotta love that 'Ocker' Stationery!)
(Kieran's)

It's also a good place to store little anecdotes from the day... (although I suspect these would go in a scrapbook page now days). You gotta read these... (from Kieran's book)

No comments: