Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Documenting Our Family: The start.

Our children and in fact our family has a lot of stuff written about it. And I have been meaning to start a series of blog posts on just what I do for quite a long time. As I have nothing creative to post here today I figured I'd start. At the start.

Pregnancy Diaries.

With the news of each pregnancy I raced out and brought a diary, a toy and an item of clothing.
The diary (unreliably) records day-to-day life while I was pregnant and give the baby a little bit of background on where and what we were at when this baby was being grown and also a little history.

In the back I write a calendar marking Dr's and midwife visits, scan appointments and such. I also have a page for side-effects and when they came and (hopefully) went. And a page for prospective names....

I was never particularly dilligent with the day-to-day stuff but the diaries have most of the basic info which was great when I went to make their pregnancy Scrapbooks and I think will fulfil the task of letting Merenia and any future daughter-in-laws I may have know what it was like for me.
The diaries are kept in their memory boxes.

Here's the start of Will's...


No comments: