Thursday, February 5, 2009

Documenting Our Family: Plunket Books and First days Diaries.

All children in New Zealand get Plunket Well Child books and we arranged for Merenia to have one too despite the fact she was a wee Aussie baby. I've recorded a bunch of developmental stuff in there and all the medical stuff from their early years- illnesses and medicines etc.

The other thing I did for the first few months or so (which I haven't photographed) is too keep a diary of what we got up to most days for the beginnings of their lives. It was a place to record milestones and sleep habits and the tricky stuff of parenting as well as the drop dead cute stuff. For Will in particular this has been written with scrapbooking in mind- as there hasn't been much time to scrap with a baby around. It includes a couple of days where I did a play-by-play of the day with accompanying photos so I can make some day-in-the life LO's when I have the time.

No comments: