Monday, June 28, 2010

Lotsa Letters?

At scrapbook camp (way back in April!) I went through all my supplies finding the various different sets of letters that I had and went through a process where I checked which of my semi-planned pages they would work with and if I could make a decent title with them. At the end of this I did a few things with the left overs;

  • Separated out any; G, L, K, S, M, R or W's these are our family initials and may be used as monograms or such like on pages.
  • Tried to spell words which if I thought they may be useful I bagged up and put aside hopefully for future use.
  • Tried to spell rude words- which I used on a LO about leftover letters.
  • Threw them away if I just didn't like them any more (and had no vowels etc leftover).
  • Offered them to others if they were still useful but just my thing.
  • Or kept them altogether in one bag for any ransom letters (or ransom titles) I may want to make in the future.
I managed to use and purge a whole bunch and it felt great! In my pile of papers I came across a list of other ideas for left over letters.
  • Make letters into cool shapes and designs.
  • Make a lace paper type background.
  • Cut apart, combine, or turn one letter to make another; d to a, d to p, q to b, u to n, n to u, h to r, k to h, z to N, Q to O, A to V, l+c make b or d and so on.
  • repaint letters that are different colours but same type for a unified look.
  • Use as a background or mask.
  • Use as monograms on cards or LO's
  • Use beyond scrapbooking- can you make funky magnets, keyrings, mobile phone tags, badge or broach- maybe even earrings? Personalise a pencil case or zipper pull as a gift for a child.
  • Stick a bunch of thicker letter stickers on a block to make a funky background stamp.
  • Use smaller letters as the first letter in your journalling.
  • Use as a border.
  • Make an alphabet book.
  • Use the negative as a frame or fill it with beads or glitter.
  • Sell full sets or almost full sets that you know you just won't use- be realistic.
  • Give them away to fellow scrappers, kids, kindys or preschools.
  • Throw them away. Seriously- you are not saving money if you keep some thing you brought in a sale, 5- 3 even only 1 year ago, as part of a bulk purchase, on impulse, because it was cheap or cute, or while on leave from your senses- you are just wasting space- if you haven't used it yet chances are you aren't going to. So I repeat THROW IT AWAY.
Got any other ideas?

No comments: