Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When Will Went To Hospital

Here is a little story which I literally threw together Monday afternoon and night in time for the photobook special on Snapfish.

Snapfish is a notoriously crap printer of photobooks only rivaled in their crapness by Harvey Norman who I will never ever ever use again unless the books are FREE or they are paying me! The thing is that both places are nameless faceless corporates who care only for your money and don't give a flyin' F@#% for your carefully crafted projects. They hideously overcharge for postage as well. But the options are limited in NZ and the prices can be skyhigh- so you take what you get. I had wanted to finish my Week in the Life and print at the same time but my motivation was zero and tiredness at 100% by the end of the day so it just didn't happen- I am also getting the Soapbox derby book printed in this order as well so will be interesting to see what it's like as well.

Each of these pages are 8x8 in in real life. You will see that I have left generally an inch of white space around my graphics to try and ensure that nothing will be lost off the edges or in the binding. Even with that HUGE margin I am not confident. I make all my pages as one whole .jpg and then chose the whole photo on the page option at Snapfish. The layout and text choices in their photobook program are WAY too limiting and frustrating for this chickee to waste her time and money on.

Digital supply credits are at the end.
























Digital Credits: Frames by Danielle Thompson- Kitchy Digitals @ Jessica Sprague, Everything else (Owls etc) By Nancy Kubo @ Little Dreamer Designs (some items have been recoloured).

No comments: