Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Your best work?

Glenna made an interesting comment on a post I wrote the other day

"Some of my best work was done in the early days when I had very little in the way of tools and supplies. Now I seem to be bogged down by "choice" eg..too much."

I only half agree- I've seen her work and she just keeps getting better and better.

But I definitely see her point. I find that I work faster and easier and often find the results more pleasing when I work from my heart and my head rather than some outside influence. I find this quite funny when I think about it- as I am the queen of idea books; see what I mean...


So here's my questions-
  • Can you relate to the thoughts of Glenna and myself?
  • What resources do you have beyond your own head/heart?
  • How do you make the best use of the resources you have and do your best scrapping?
  • What resources aren't you using? Any thoughts on what you may do about that, if anything?
  • What would you do if you were me- sell all the books on trade me (or give them to you)?
  • Or find a way to make better use of them (how)?

1 comment:

Annie said...

Love these questions Gypsy! I also have many magazines and books and an abundance of resources (materials). There's too much emphasis on the 'art' side rather than the 'heart' side.

Our two closest shops have closed in the past 6 months and having 'no where' to go I have found myself using up what I have.

I personally find - the simpler the better - after all the emphasis should be on the photo (memory) not the artistic value - although I do believe that the design can really bring a photo to life.