Friday, June 21, 2013

Use it or lose it....

In the process of clearing out all my scrapbook supplies I laid out stuff, by type, on my dining room table so that I could get a good view of everything.

Special Flower....


Basic Flowers by colour....


Buttons and bits from Purple Pumpkin....


Mixed colour older embellishments...


Semi-Recent and recent purchases....



I also took photos of the contents of each of my colour based embellishment boxes. And then I printed the photos. I had 19 in total and Harvey normal were having $1 8x10's so I got them nice and big and then put them on a book ring. And now I keep them on my table and have a quick flick through when I need something. I cross off the things in the photo as I use them. And I plan on making sure that the bulk of the super old items that are in the photos are used by the end of the year.

I think these could also be a handy resource to take shopping and they are going to help me see what it is that I like to use and what I really shouldn't buy again.... at the moment I can see that I prefer 'flat' stuff over 'fat' stuff.

The blue box.
 ♥

No comments: