Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ex Libris Gypsy

New books in this house are far too rare (especially for the adults) which is why I'm feeling super lucky to have 4 on my reading pile...

I've talked about Shaun Tan before (on SSR) his work is simply awesome. His last book 'The Arrival' had no text at all, but the new one 'Tales From Outer Suburbia' is full of words... I haven't had a chance to read m(any) of them yet- But I have looked at the pictures and I have to say his diversity is just outstanding... I can't wait to have a peaceful space in time where I'm not exhausted to read it... oh yeah.... wah hahahahaha! Check out a review here.
****Edited to say; I read it, I love it! YOU should read it!****

The next two books on my stack are both scrapbooking related; 'Sharing Your Story' by Ali Edwards is about making mini albums... something I am missing doing at the moment! And The 'The Designing With Recipe Book' which arrived from Shary yesterday- this is and isn't what I expected... fortunately it's much better!! And the photography is way cool!!!

Finally 'The Creative Family' by Amanda (Soulemama) Blake Soule finally arrived... Ahhhhh.... Yum... it's a whole bunch of stuff about raising kids that I already knew and a whole bunch that I didn't know... and it's all together and focused in one place which is just what my baby addled brain needs... I wish I had it 11 years ago.

No comments: