Thursday, October 23, 2008

Excursions Pt 1

We have been out and about a whole bunch in the last 3 days I am exhausted and so I think is Will.

Tuesday; little car sold, money in bank, husband away, I went shopping; I brought 2 tops, 2 pairs of jeans; 2 pairs and sandals AND A....

..... SKIRT! Yep and I wore it too... in public no less!

Wednesday; Jozlyn, Alex, Will and I headed up to Shakespeare Regional Park to catch up with Kieran, Brody (Joz' oldest boy) and Les at Camp!



It was an awesome day!!!! Weatherwise it was primo. And in general pretty bloody good; We stopped by Starbucks on the way out for Frapachino's, as you do. Will (eventually) dropped off to sleep. We had to put Alex in the back seat first which was kind of strange. When we Will came over to Joz' house on the weekend he was totally impressed by Hunter (5) and Alex (3). He had this look on his face like "WOW small people!!" (He doesn't see many much smaller than K and M usually). But he didn't want a bar of Alex beside him in the car. When we got up to Camp Les and Kieran were both off in different directions doing orienteering. Kieran got back first and gave me a very cursory flick of a couple of fingers as a greeting... had you blinked I would have missed it. I guess that's 10 year old boys for ya. When Les arrived back he said something along the lines of 'hello strange person in a skirt'- nice! It was almost morning tea time so we hung out with everybody... the seagulls at Shakespeare KNOW by some awesome sense when the campers are eating and they all turn up. Will is SUPER IMPRESSED by seagulls- birds any day are a good thing but Seagulls um Hello???? Oh- MY- GOODNESS!

After morning tea the boys headed off to learn mountain boarding and J, W A and I went down to check out the beach. Sand is apparently not as gross as you may think...


Will also REALLY enjoyed the water. (Nb I did put a hat on him, and then I put it on again, and then I put it on again, and again, and again...)

Alex had a great time in the sand ...

and really made us laugh when he went off to do a strip and then just basked in his full glory on the sand... I can imagine why he'd think that would be pretty cool!

When we left the boys they were learning the mechanics of Mountain boarding....

Which Will apparently found a little nerve wracking.... (see there's his hat!)

By the time we got back they had it down pat and were looking pretty cool....



I love that picture because I'm in it too!!!!

We had lunch with the boys... more seagulls...



.... yeah I know... can't hold the camera sideways in movie mode... Les knows some software to turn it around but he's not here so... ya get what ya get.

After lunch Joz and I headed back to school to get the rest of our children via 'The Bargain Spot' at Silverdale... and it is.

Later on yesterday Merenia and I headed over to Kieley's to round out the day and deliver her birthday pressie! (Not the funkiest of things- a DVD burner for her computer)

Will is big on pulling himself up on stuff at the moment and he did so on the coffee table there. He also did a very impressive back flip as well!

No comments: