Wednesday, September 17, 2008

..."when you're having fun"




It's a cliche but time really does fly when you are having fun. It also flies when you are getting things done. We had a monumental sort out on the weekend and the results feel good, but more on that in another post. I can't believe I haven't blogged since Friday! I normally blog in the first of the day sleeps (around 9-10am) but on Fridays I go to school to do marking and even when we bring the books home I mark my way through the first sleep. And nights, I am just tooooo tired!

Saturday like I say we were busy 'doin' stuff' and making progress (I think) and the same goes with Sunday. It was quite quiet around home as Kieran was still at Jakes post the All Blacks game and Merenia went off to church with Ashlynn and family. Some people spent a little of Sunday hanging out in a very relaxed manner. Which was good.






Which brings me to Monday which feels like a week ago.... we jimmied in some sleeps whilst doing school runs, supermarket shopping, odd jobs and a jaunt to the airport. We saw some cool stuff along the way...

(See the plate....)


To get 'Grandad'...



Ok I really should have cropped those pictures down but I'm in a time frame here so you get what you get.

Monday afternoon we all zipped off to the last hockey game for the year. Will caught up with a friend. (Michaela)


The game was the 3rd and 4th place playoff in which Whenuapai soundly beat Northcross 3-0. Kieran was supposed to be in goal for the game but we asked for him to be on the field because Grandad was watching and he was which was cool! Kieley came too which was extra cool. Will SCREAMED his support for the team... we're not sure which team because he was looking in the opposite direction to the action but he sure was supportive.

Pizza for dinner and Les headed off for a BOT Meeting. The kids thrashed Grandad in a hard fought battle of Stat Attack and all too soon it was time for bed. We said our 'good-byes' the next morning, dropped the kids off to school, (cept K cause he's been home with the 10 year olds equivalent of a smokers cough) and dropped Grandad out to Takapuna for his course/conference/work thingee.




Then me and the boys went to do some important stuff like buy nappies and dirt and weet bix and Starbucks. All the while trying to spot VW Bugs to test the personalised plate theory... we think they have a greater personalised to regular plate ratio than any other car type, except maybe Hummers. Yeah we think about that stuff... it's important you know... best plate we saw was on a Red bug with a black convertible roof :LDEBUG... cool!

Now it'e Wednesday K is still home, hacking away Will is asleep and I have a lot of blogging to catch up... it feels like Friday already I think it's gonna be a L-O-N-G week! But it's all good... time to Focus.

No comments: