Sunday, March 30, 2008

A little blue

Lots and nothing going on around here lately. The nothing relates to the fact that Will still isn't doing the best sleeping during the day and if I want sanity at night I need to spend a lot of time just sitting while he sleeps in my arms... which is surprisingly tiring. The other thing making life hard is de Quervain's tenosynovitis. Which has led to this...


Normally they just splint it, but mother's cheat so mothers get casts! really unimpressed by that. I got it on Thursday which was pay day and therefore normally shopping day not this week... the idea of loading and packing and unloading a trolley load of groceries with Will is hard enough but with a cast??? Yeah I don't think so.

Before that we were making some good progress in learning how to use this....


But now it's a little too hard which is a real bugger as now is when I really could use it!

So the week that's passed me by, lots of things to tell...

Wednesday I was talking to Kieley she had a Sesame street/Electric company issue. This lead to time spent on You Tube looking at old kids show videos- thanks for the enabling Kieley.
Sesame Street: The singing orange, the sign said one way, and the golden AN, among others and the Muppet Show Star Wars Pt 1, pt 2, pt 3. Way cool! This is a bugbear of mine with only one or two exceptions the programming for children now is crap... If I could own a kids channel I'd play Sesame st, the muppets, danger mouse, play school, children on the dogstar, under the moutain, and other such cool stuff.

Thursday before the cast we got our 'free' car seat from plunkett and the Waitakere Licensing trust. This was both good and incredibly stressful. I went to do it a couple of months back but only had a copy of Wills birth certificate not the original- the lady 'S' was RUDE- you would think I was the worlds dumbest person for bring a photocopy. Anyway Wednesday pm went to find the original and couldn't I was verging on tears for the next hour while I looked and then again the next morning while I wasted precious Will sleep time- I don't think it was because I couldn't find it but because of 'S' she really had made me feel like crap and honestly who needs that on a good day let alone when you are dealing with life with a little dude. I eventually found it in an unlikely place after making a lot of messes in other places (kitchen table, lounge, scrapbook table) which I now have to tidy up again! Anyway I went back with trepidation... S served me and she is still bitter and twisted and rude and a abrupt. She said that the reason they need an original BC is because anyone could just copy one.... true but they couldn't also copy my discharge papers from the hospital and they'd have to stalk my letter box to get the power account. And she never even checked my ID to see if I was the person named in the documents as being related to Will. I could easily get original birth certificates of lots of Waitakere born babies if I wanted they print their names and dates of birth in the paper along with their parents names when the local rag photographer comes along! But anyway thank-you Waitakere Licensing Trust for the car seat and plunket I would have "donated" more than the mandatory $25 if it wasn't for your cranky employee 'S'.

Kieran's teeth were finally properly fixed and I also went to Spotlight and got some cool stuff... and ripped off- ALWAYS check your docket at Spotlight they are hopeless!!!

Friday- school and home a standard day. Mrs James and Ms Corsan I hope you are both feeling better!

Saturday Les took Merenia to the Emergency Services Expo at North Harbour stadium.

No.1 good thing; Daddy and daughter day.
No.2 good thing; She's wanted to go to the stadium for ages.
No.3 good thing; Cool rides


No.4 good thing; Beating the fireman


No.5 good thing; Free stuff
No.6 good thing; Burger King on the way home
No.7 good thing; Hello? All of the emergency services in one place including helicopters and all for a gold coin donation!!!! Merenia's Dreams come true!


Me and Will hung on the couch I watched Sicko... I found it really upsetting and I have a lot to say about it and a whole bunch of other stuff but that will need to wait till I get this cast off! because I am a slow enough typist as it is.

Last night Kieran went with Elliot to the Blues Game which reminded me I didn't post pics from the game he went to with Les....


Merenia made this sign which she asked Les to take. I texted him during the game and told him she wanted photos of it... she didn't really but I had a hunch he'd left it in the car... he did, so he was freaking out a bit and they had to do a mock photo when they got back to the car...


Last night when I rediscovered my scrapping table I finally finished this...



And as this blog can never get enough of Will.... here's what the best thing to do with your hands is....



More Movies later... Wills awake AGAIN.


No comments: