Monday, March 10, 2008

Miracles Abound

Over the course of this year I'm going to make my 'Happy12' Mini Album. Basically 12 things that I am grateful for. For example the thing I was grateful for in February was the option to be able to be at home with ma'boy. Some of the months are planned eg; July=Les and other such obvious things. Whatever it is the whole project has me thinking with more care. So a short list of small miracles for which I am grateful from the past few days...

1. Will slept a LONG time yesterday.
2. I threw out/recycled 3 bags worth of stuff and got my filing cabinet and teaching resources truly organised over the weekend it feels great.
3. My Mum (Sylvia) cut her arm on some glass in the weekend... not good that she did it- but VERY good that she didn't injure herself any worse than it is.
4. Libraries- Yum need I say more!
5. I finished another page for Caitlin.
6. Being able to afford to take Will to the Osteopath and get him whatever health care he needs to sort him out. (He's been really good the last few days).
7. I'm going to the Doctor today to get drugs for my sore toe (it's only been sore for 4 weeks)
8. That my kids give me a different perspective of the world.
9. ACC- for paying for Kieran's dental appointment today.
10. Getting a new print head for my A3 printer so I can finally use it for it's intended purpose.
11. New old photos- I dropped 3 films into get processed finally! (2 of them are special B & W films and therefore cost a bit extra to process).
12. Not being the parent that went on the beach trip on the rainiest day we've had recently.
13. Trade-me... an opportunity to get rid of excess stuff make some money and score cool stuff... can't say what it's someones surprise.
14. A husband who scores me good scrapbooking stuff from the bargain bin at the Warehouse.
15. The giggle of a small baby when I 'num num num' his tummy. (How kissable are those lips)
16. That my girl is sweet and kind even if she can't keep or room tidy.
17. That my big boy is passionate about stuff even if it means he's gets *very* upset about missing ICT, and I have to listen to Rugby stuff all the time.
18. The stuff I have learned about parenting, particularly from Gymbaroo.
19. Good Friends, hanging with Kieley at school and meeting Room 20.
20. That this is the view from my bed most nights. (Always with the hand out the side!)

And while I'm talking about small miracles... I absolutely had to ring Les on Sunday to interrupt his day flying- and you know it's lucky he was sitting down... because the news was absolutely shocking... the neighbour, after 6+ years, finally trimmed his own hedge. Admittedly it was the most gash hedge trim I have ever seen- but I wouldn't expect any less from our neighbour- but you know he did do it. And this is the type of guy the Airforce promotes to officer?


And 21.... I've got a cute boy waiting for me in my bed....

.... so I gotta run.

No comments: