Thursday, March 10, 2011

February Design Team Challenge

February was my month in the spotlight for the Caz Dezign Design Team Challenge. Here's what I got....


The Patterned Papers are from the Kaisercraft Range called Distracted. I can tell you those colours and patterns had me feeling a little Distracted for a few days while I was thinking on what to do. In the Pack I also got two of the beautiful Green Tara 7cm Flowers in white. Kaisercraft Rhinestones, I love these little guys because for a tiny and relatively cheap embellishment they can provide a lot of impact on a page or just add that final finishing touch. For the challenge I had the Aquamarine. Two sheets of coordinating Bazzill Cardstock. And finally just to throw me completely off the page Carolann added in the Urban Lily Sugar Cube which I think has a lot of exciting possibilities!

 Here's a closer look at those Kaiser Papers; The 'A sides' from Left to Right; Dazed, Confused, Woozy and La la Land!

 And here's the 'B sides' all of which have a light patterning on them.

Personally I have a bit of an addiction to patterned papers and I especially like buying prints like spots and stripes and bright colours. I have to admit that I am better at buying them than using them and so have a lot in my stash! 

The cool thing about having all of the papers in a range is that the tough job of colour coordinating is already done for you. And you have a whole bunch of clues as to what colour card stock will work best. Even better if you are a Bazzill fan the hard work is already done for you with the newer Kaisercraft lines on the Bazzill Match Maker.

The first thing that I did was to make some notes on the papers so I could think on what types of projects I may want to create. Here's what I think these would be great for:
  • girly
  • summer
  • asian
  • garden
  • holidays
  • carnivals
  • New Years
  • celebrations
  • birthdays
  • boys
  • young children
  • babies
The orange B side on the spotty 'Woozy' paper is particularly great for photos of people in particular portraits as the colour orange is really good for bringing out the skin tones on people. And the busier coloured papers compliment more simple photos.
 And the bright colours in the paper are great paired with Black and White Photos and black and white card stock for a striking contrast on your pages.
The La la Land Papers also provide the option of cutting out selected parts of the paper.

So as you can see some huge versatility in these papers- I was looking forward to getting down to work! I'll share what I did over the next few days.

No comments: