Sunday, March 20, 2011

February DT: Butterfly Creek

With bright colours and busy paper sometimes what you need is a little of lots- especially if you have a lot of photos. When I have a lot of photos from an event or outing but don't think the occasion merits a mini album I will quite often use photoshop to put two photos onto a 6x4 leaving me with 2 3x4's. In this way I have managed to get 11 photos on this LO or the equivalent of six 6x4's and one 5x7. Because there's so much going on in my pictures I don't want to overwhelm them with my choice of patterned papers- this is where the 'B side' of the Distracted papers comes in.
I have laid out my photos so the the viewers eye is pulled across the page and so that they are fairly well balanced across the two sheets of card. Then I stick down all the pictures on the left hand page.



Once this is done I can lift the page and see where my large central photo has spread across both sides.


I carefully line up the edge of my layout in my trimmer and cut off the right hand side of the photo. Once that's done I can line up my two pieces of cardstock and start sticking down the right hand side with that central enlarged photo.

I love using flowers on my pages and while I have my fair share of coloured flowers in my stash I probably buy more white than anything else. They are so versatile because there is a huge range of ways you can colour them to perfectly match or coordinate with your page. Here I just wanted some subtle colour so I used my Colorbox Ice Blue Chalk ink to add just a few swipes to my petals.

 

I finished the flowers with Making Memories Jumbo Brads. And added some punched butterflies with rhinestone highlights to carry on the theme in my photos. This little guy is a carl craft punch which I have had in my tool kit since I started scrapping!

  

I found another rub-on from my Fancy Pants pack which worked great with my page. And I punched a heap of borders from the Distracted papers with my Fiskars border punches. I added stitching here and there for some more texture and dimension.  And added a title with the Heidi Swapp Plastic letters.


Added a stitched frame to pull the whole page together. 




Caz Dezign Supply List
Other Supplies: Martha Stewart Punches: Butterfly and Doily Lace Border, Fiskars Border Punches: Threading water, Apron Lace, Scalloped Sentiment, Upper Crest and Effervescence, Colorbox chalk ink- Ice Blue, Cotton, Carl Craft Small Butterfly Punch.

No comments: