Sunday, March 13, 2011

February DT: DSLR Love

Patterned Paper like this La la Land can have the potential to overwhelm the photos on a page. But it looks great with a striking and simple photo. Or if used in small quantities, especially if you pick out some of the designs on the page. I had these amazing photos of the moon which I took with my Canon DSLR Camera- I was absolutely amazed by the quality and detail of the pictures!

I decided to pick out some of the designs on the paper to lead the viewers eye to my photos, to create a home for my title and journalling.  I tend to work with whatever is closest to me when I am cutting a design out of paper and this time around it was my Fiskars Fingertip control knife.


This is a great one for smaller designs and also if you find it difficult to do fine work like this. You have a lot of control and can move quite steadily.


I slipped my cardstock in behind the paper to check that I had cut enough of the design.


And then flipped the card over so I could use the edge of the card as a guide for cutting.


I added my photos and and then stamped part of my title. A handy tip that I didn't learn until long after I started stamping is to place a piece of firm foam under your stamping surface. If you often find that your stamping comes out uneven and with ink missing then use the foam and firm pressure will solve your problem.


I used Kaisercraft little letter stickers to complete my title.


Hand written journalling and a couple of flowers cut from the La la Land paper to complete my visual triangle.


The layout still didn't seem quite complete to me so I inked the edges.




 Caz Dezign Supply List:
Other supplies: Smiggle Micro Liner Pen 0.5 Black, Paper Salon Polished Alphabet Stamps (Nb these were originally from Caz- but no longer available but it's possible Caz could source an equivalent product for you).

No comments: