Saturday, March 12, 2011

February DT: Brand New Boy

The second page I made I used the coordinating Blue Bazzill that came with the kit and an enlarged portrait of Will taken a few hours after he was born. The Orange 'b side' of the Woozy paper is a great choice to use to matt a photo that has a lot of skin as the orange flatters the skin rather than washing it out or making it too dark.


A trick I use when I have limited space (and want to make sure my title will fit) or want to ensure that my letters are straight is to make up the text on a ruler. Gently sticking down a small part of the bottom of the letter I can use the guidelines for alignment and also to ensure my letters are evenly spaced.


I then stick the letters onto the page and flip the ruler out from under it.


I wanted a really simple page design to give the focus to my photo so just added minimal embellishments to the page. I attached a Pebbles Market Tag to a Making memories fabric tag with a small brad. I trimmed down the fabric tag and used the off cut on another part of the page.


These tags come backed with paper which can be left on for a stiffer tag or removed for a softer more fabric feel. I opted to remove the paper on my tag. And added a piece of Kaisercraft Lace behind.


I completed the Layout by adding the tag off cut with the word 'you' stapled to it at the top. And "our" sticker to the title. My embellishments create a visual triangle which leads the eyes into the centre of the page and puts my photo directly in the spotlight.


Caz Dezign Supplies:
Non Caz Supplies: AC Thickers Foam letters.

No comments: