Thursday, March 17, 2011

February DT: Taste of Summer

The Kaisercraft Confused paper reminds me of Watermelon but I thought it would work just as well for Strawberries too! I started by tearing a wide strip- I'm not normally big on tearing but in some situations it's just right!


After sticking my photos in place I added the strip on top.





The strip helps to lead the eye down the page over the photos and you need some where for the eye to land- which is where the La la Land flowers come in! As a whole I find this paper Too Much for me but in small doses it's delicious!




I carefully cut out this strawberry coloured flower with my scalpel.


Used foam tape to help it pop off the page!


Perfect!


But before I stick it down a little more embellishing! Some 7 Gypsies Red Gaffer Tape and these Fancy Pants Rub-ons which seem made to match the Kaiser Distracted Range!


For a little balance I did to the top what I did to the bottom.... Some strips of Pebbles Inc. Ribbon to direct the eye are given an extra finishing touch with Rounderz Buckles.


These Heidi Swapp Fuzzy Rub-ons add some great texture- I just wanted a little bit for fun. Keep the protective clear backing on while you cut out your selection. 




Then remove it and place face down in place. Rub the back firmly with a ice block stick, bone folder or stylus. Lift the rub-on carefully and slowly from one corner so you can ensure your design is totally stuck down. If any parts lift place the rub-on down and rub it again.


I added some small flowers attached with brads. Butterflys punched from the Kaiser Papers some Kaiser Rhinestones and then doodled a simple design with a Sakura Glaze pen- this pen has to be one of the best White opaque inks on the market.



My title is Heidi Swapp plastic letters which come in a pack that seems to last forever and looks like the old plastic model aeroplane kits my uncle used to make as a kid. They are self adhesive as well which is a bonus!



Caz Dezign Suppy List:
Other Supplies: Martha Steward Butterfly Punch

No comments: