Thursday, January 24, 2008

33% More!!


Will had his last appointment with the midwife yesterday. She's lovely, and while I'm sure she says it to all the babies, she's very convincing when she is adoring of Will. She was very proud of him because he's put on a whole kilo in the 5 weeks since he was born. She says she doesn't see that much anymore as most mothers have flagged breastfeeding by this point. I think that's really sad, but I'm not entirely surprised as no one warns new mothers how bloody hard it can be at the start. Everyones like "oooh it's natural" like natural should be easy. Well ladies earthquakes are natural as are tornadoes and hurricanes and they aren't easy and to start off with neither is breastfeeding but it gets easy and it's so worth it. And as for those other mothers who say "I put him on the bottle and he was sleeping through the night at 2 days old" they are lying. And even if they weren't lying, hello? you had a baby, losing sleep comes with the territory, just like dirty nappies and a bunch of other not so fun stuff, deal with it, and focus on the important stuff like how amazing your little person is.

Ooooooo that was a soapbox moment wasn't it... I wasn't planning on going there when I started this post. I just wanted to say Will's 4.23kg and I should have brought him that T-shirt at 'T & T' it said... "I'm a breast man!"

No comments: