Monday, January 28, 2008

You CAN stop progress

I had a cool picture for this post but I can't get it on here because I am in Te Aroha, and I am on my Mother-in-laws computer, in other words I am in dangerous territory just posting from here. The picture was of the half finished Unicorn puzzle that I brought Merenia at the Sally Army shop a whiles back. It was only $4 and the puzzle is actually shaped like a unicorn and comes with a bonus extra unicorn puzzle also shaped like a Unicorn... what I didn't really take note of when I brought it was that it is 1000 pieces for the big guy and 200 for the little. And what I could never have know till I opened it up was that those 1200 pieces are all mixed up together and there is no telling the what and the where of anything!
We finally got the puzzle out on Boxing day and discovered this. We forged on despite it all going the traditional puzzle route- finding all the 'edge' pieces if this in fact is what they are (I can tell you that some of them aren't!) On completing this task we discovered that is was completely the wrong approach to go with this puzzle especially if you want to make any progress. And that is something we didn't do for a full 2 weeks after that. Then I decided on a different approach and I had been going really well till we had to pack up and come here, Te Aroha.
Esentially we are here so Les can finish painting his sisters house... normally we would have stayed with Helen as well, but as Will has a habit of snuggling up to me most mornings around 2am, and I would have been on a single airbed it just wasn't the way to go. So we are at the Mother-in-laws. Hmmmm. We are also here to introduce Will to the family, and so that's what we have been doing. For a change they have been coming to us- at Helen's which is nicer than having to get around all of them which is the traditional approach.
Anyway I had to stay up late to make this post without supervision... you never know when one may get an email with red or hearts in it... and we all know that they contain a virus... you didn't know? Perhaps I should tell you, oh about 50 odd times??? You want me too? I can read your mail over your shoulder while I do. No? Oh ok that's good because that sort of experience would be quite annoying, I think. So as I said it's late Will will be calling soon... although not till 2:30am if his current habit is continued. (Way cool he's dropped the midnight feed!)
I won't post again till we get home (Saturday I think- Bring it on!!!!) it's just too hard.

No comments: