Friday, January 18, 2008

Monkey Business



It's always nice to have some comparison photos. With Kieran, Les was used for comparison and we took a photo on the 11th of the month, monthly for the first year or so and then yearly until K was 5 I think. With Merenia I was supposed to be the comparison. But some people are less reliable with taking photos and other people get tired of reminding them. So rather than try that again, with Will I decided to introduce a 3rd party....

After an initial meeting on Christmas Day I reintroduced them more properly last week.

There was an bit of argy-bargy at first to see who was the top dog- or top monkey in this situation.

But eventually they became firm friends.



Although even the firmest of friends can tire of each other sometimes.



You may inquire of the Monkey's name, I am afraid Will is keeping that close to his chest, much like the monkey, at this point.
Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of Will and the Monkey when Will was only days old as he was already in wrapping paper (the monkey that is), but they will have their first official session tomorrow... can you believe it he's almost a month old!!!

On the subject of other Monkey business we went shopping for school supplies yesterday... I brought $16 of Glue sticks alone! I know that children aren't the most reliable creatures but I think that the school stationary is aimed at the most unreliable of boys and doesn't really find a balance between that boy (I know his name but it would be inappropriate to print it here no it's not Kieran!) and girl who is the epitome of organised. They just go the boy route... and so I had to buy 5 glue sticks and 12 pencils; for 2 children for one year!!!

And finally I have been monkeying around on Photoshop again.....



I got all our photos sorted and uploaded and ordered prints. (Digitalmax has 5 x 7's for 25cents- score!!!) Considering;
  • I haven't done this since August
  • Merenia needed photos to make her calendar
  • I am addicted to scrapbooking
  • And Will is the most photographed baby ever (love digital!!!!)
It was 'quite' a large order... less the 500 and more than 400 photos... that should keep me going for a while. And yes far flung close family... I did do a 'Granny Lot' and your photos will be posted as soon as I can get to it!

No comments: