Saturday, January 12, 2008

Beached


Yesterday we headed up to Shakespeare Bay to see Kieley and her friend Janine who have been camping up there. The kids really enjoyed the water, vicious biting octopuses not withstanding, and just generally had a great time.


Kieley was telling us not long after we arrived how there had been heaps of kids around the place. Just as she said it this young boy walked past and I replied to Kieley's comment "I said yeah just like that one; Matt Carter" She thought I was having her on till Matt replied with a rather bewildered hello.



As a teacher you are often likely to run into the children that you have taught... especially when you happen to have your breast out and in the mouth of a small baby. And it's always amusing to see the look on a students face as they are reminded that teachers are real people with a life outside of school.


Today Les has been working at his other job... saving money for Turkey so we have been beached at home and damn it's hot...too hot to have a sticky wee boy snuggled up to your ribs all day. He's looking mighty hot though in his new Baby Gap duds... thanks Aunty Rachel and Uncle Freddy!


By the way there was actually no vicious biting octopus... although Merenia will insist otherwise!

1 comment:

Kielz said...

Yeah, I have cleared my 187 emails, read lotsa blogs, done a few loads of washing - and checked here 3 times to see if you had put photos. Very cool. I heart your camera. (Your kids are pretty darn cute too!) Spoke to random rangerman today - who remembered I was a teacher because he pointed out I was still on holiday... I am 99% sure he knew we were fibbing yesterday LOL. I like that in a person.