Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bad days no more?

Will tends to have an alternating cycle of bad and good days... I think on the good days he is simply catching up the sleep he lost while yelling his balls off the previous day. He doesn't cry all the time but he does cry more than K and M ever did and his happy spots are short... this baby spends precious little time on his playmat on any given day much preferring to be held and moving or drinking.
So on Monday I took Will to the Osteopath, not because there's anything particularly that we can find wrong with him but just because he's never 100% content or relaxed. He cries when he is awake a lot more than K and M ever did and never fully goes flippy floppy relaxed when he's asleep (which is a real pain when it comes to trimming his claws!). He never has that reaction of "Oh yay it's my Mum/Dad" when we pick him up after he wakes. And we think he's slow to smile- he just does those involuntary smiles... you know the "I'm pissed on breast milk" or the "I just farted in my sleep" smiles. I did say way back last month on the blog that he smiled at me but I think that was a fluke, you have no idea how many hours I have spent since then saying "Hello my Boy" and various other things in an infuriatingly annoying motherease type voice and smiling my Miss Universe pageant winning smile at him as he struggles to look anywhere but at me....

...Oooohhh maybe I just discovered his problem.


A rare smile captured on film (or is that digitally captured now?)

But seriously, despite the C-section birth and beautiful head shape (none of that cone-head or flat spot stuff for a Stockley baby), he was a forceps delivery and so I feared he may have been a little squished and twisted. And Jill the Osteo seems to concur so he's heading back there to have another little cranial massage next week as well. Hopefully it won't take too long because even though Jill is VERY reasonably priced and I'm sure will be well worth the money we just don't have that much to go around. AND more to the point I would like a happy carefree, painfree little pickle boy sooner rather than later so we don't have anymore bad days.

It's funny you know because when I talk about Will's bad days I feel like a bit of a fraud. I have realised though the reason for this is that for me EVERYDAY with Will is a good day... because it means I have my own 3rd living child, and he is, for now at least, a gorgeous little baby to snuggle and enjoy, and I'm at HOME... not working, just enjoying life and trying to find some time to do the things I love... but hardly at all stressed that I haven't completed a scrapbook page this year (unheard of!!!).

I should also note here that before the Osteo we had a lovely catch up with Ma Rae (Will's surrogate Auckland Granny) and after with Miss Rae (aka Kieley, Will's surrogate Auckland Aunty). We went to the beach for lunch as Kieley's school is practically next door to the Osteopath and the appointment finished just as the lunch bell went. Hooray!

1 comment:

Kielz said...

Ma is totally impressed :)