Monday, February 4, 2008

Good Morning My Pretties

Here are some more photos from Te Aroha, just because I can....



Don't you think these look like dainty little butterflies?

I love the way these Hydrangeas (above) look, they are technically past their prime originally being a bright blue. But with age I think they look kind of vintage. They remind me of the sort of muted but pretty tones used on the beautiful ceramic flowers they used on graves in the good old days. You know the days when people gave their relatives soaring monuments of angels made from white marble and at their feet were a tenderly made bunch of flowers that look like the ones in this picture. I'm not happy with the picture though... it was the best of the bunch but it's not composed as well as I'd like that central flower needs to be a little less central.

This looks way cooler in real life!


This one's for you Kieley, pinky-splinky!

No comments: