Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cracked and Broken

Kieran clothes-lined himself. When you get a text that says that you have to wonder.


Turns out he was playing chase at Cubs and ran into the rope hanging down from the flag which stopped him dead by tightening across his neck and throwing him backwards onto the ground. The result being a big egg on the back of his head and these...


You can't see the top one so well, it's chipped off the tip and the back. And the bottom one looks worse close up, it was bloody awful.
For reference if this happens to you or anyone you know; find the broken teeth bits (I knew that). And if you are in Auckland, at least, do it before 8pm. You'd think that dentists would have on their answer phone the location/name of an emergency dentist but no... you just have to phone all the after hours medical centre's/dentists in the phone book until you find what you're after (I wouldn't have expected that).In the end we decided not to take him anywhere till the morning because he didn't have any pain.
There's a chance up to 4 of his teeth could die from the shock of the whack. The bottom ones on each side of the broken one are a bit wiggly so also took a bit of a hit.
Thank-god for ACC... yesterday he got a filling on the top one and they recommend a veneer or a crown once he gets past that racey chasey boy phase (about 18/20 years) and he got a temporary filling on the bottom one as the dentist wanted the teeth a chance to rest before he cleaned them ready for the permanent filling. (Because Kieran's teeth are disgustingly bad/dirty... (what does anyone else do to get good teeth cleaning happening? And has anyone seen plaque disclosing tablets in a chemist or dentist available to buy anywhere?) )

While we are here and talking about Kieran he'd like it know he's collecting the Super 14 players cards from the potato chips at the moment. So if you get any and don't want them, post them Kieran's way and he at least will be greatful... WE will just grit our teeth and bear this whole rugby er I mean SPORT phase that we are in at the moment. (The kid watches Lawn Bowls??? Ummm Hello? Lawn bowls!!)

Seeing as how that tooth shot was so gross ....


Did I ever show you the cute little swirl he has right on his brow line above his left eye... I'm not sure you can see it well enough in this picture but I can tell you from where I sit it's damn cute.

And did I ever tell you just how perfect he looks when he's asleep... and not just because he's asleep either...


And so to Today... sort out the minutes from the BOT Mtg, write the letters for Les' grant applications and write the thank-you cards- that's probably all I'll get time for and if not then I need to tidy my corner of the couch (I amass stuff while breast feeding) and RUN to the scrapbooking room. I did a Caity J page on Monday (I'll post it soon)... Yippeee only about 14 more to go and I will have finished her birthday/christmas gift!
Anyway... FOCUS!

No comments: