Sunday, February 3, 2008

Edited Highlights

So here are a selection of photos from our week in Te Aroha... I should really take some time and fix them up first... but I don't have any time so you gets what you get...

This is a sneak peek for Kieley from her soon to be made Power point Presentation... it all goes down hill from here babe... see how those ducks are screaming out of there??



Les was sick when we first got to Te A so he promptly went to bed. Will was just sick of sleeping in his carseat.


The days were spent at Helens (Les' sister) pretty much like this....


I should send this to L's Mum she didn't believe that he was really painting the house. She said on about day 3. "I thought the house painting was finished." And I'm thinking if it's finished then what the heck has Les been doing the last 3 days and why are we still in this damn place!!. It didn't help that Les went home clean and tidy each day without a hint of the days work other than the ginger way that he was walking... but she wouldn't notice that. Too busy considering conspiracy theories as to what we were doing all day and why we had to hide it from her. IT was probably something to do with 'they' because we ALL know what THEY say and how THEY work.... I guess I'm not one of ALL because I don't know about THEY or THEM.

When they were around the kids spent a lot of time doing this....



Kieran in particular... yes I did pack; bubbles, sidewalk chalk, ball games, books and art gear but it was, for the most part, forsaken for the god known as TV. They worshiped the box often and got pouty if we had to drive 'to or from' when Spongebob or The Simpsons were on. The summer sport didn't help my cause for outside play all that much either... I mean you don't want to miss the Lawn Bowls!! Do you?

And my days were spent a lot like this...


Although I did; write letters, cover school books; put together last years school memory book and a get through 3 Next magazines- I'm almost caught-up.

Other times there was.... Will meeting Aunty Brace and Mike, who were passing through on their way back down the island, Nana Stockley, Aunties Kathy, Helen, and Mary, Uncle Geoff and briefly Cousin Michelle, Uncle Jimmy did a 'bike by' but he didn't stop as he was working (postman). He did almost fall off his bike though when the kids yelled "HI UNCLE JIMMY"- he doesn't get that very much. Pictured is Aunty Brace...


This is Waiorongomai Loop. Which Kieran desribed as the best place he's ever been. It was mighty cool and the water wasn't too cool... I love river swimming it's so much nicer than the beach!





After Wairongomai it was very cool to catch up with Aunty Liane, as well as Courtney, Shannon and Darren.


This is one of Ruby's (the cats) newest nieces (She has 4 and 1 nephew). Note the illustration of that well known concept for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.


Did you see it? Merenia's eyes say "Can I take him home?" The kitten's eyes say "Please god oh no, don't let it happen!" It didn't happen.

Here's where I curse goggles and scuba masks... there are no good photos of the kids who went in the pool they all look like complete dorks (don't worry I'll scrap them any way but honestly...) So you'll have to be content with the one who didn't swim.


The pools are at the domain and part of Te Aroha's Mineral Spa complex.... very nice! The hot private spa without the kids is even better... sometime I'd like one without Les as he's a temperature wuss and I like it HOT, sizzling HOT!

I'll finish this little tour with Will. Because I can.


"What da hell ya talkin' 'bout Nana?"



No comments: