Friday, February 15, 2008

Old stuff, new stuff, fun stuff, stuff to do stuff.

Loads of stuff to tell and show... so it's a pain to be typing with one hand, but there's a cute boy asleep on the other so what can you do???

B is for baby and best laid plans which do not mix. Yesterday was huge! first full on supermarket shop just me and Will. He normally does a full on sleep in the morning so I figured that'd be the best time to go. Took the front pack as my back-up plan- he always sleeps when I squish him in there... no and no. Awake by the deli, front pack by cereal (aisle 4), breast feeding by cleaning (aisle 8). So many people commented on his pitiful wailing that I had to feed him. Then every second shopper said how I had my hands full. Fortunately he slept again by the checkout and we made it almost home before the wailing started again, I was extremely unpopular for putting the frozen's away before attending to his highness.

N is for naughty and nuisance sitting astride an inflatable ring. Happened to catch Ruby in the act as I was taking some pictures in the scrapbooking room. I did knock on the window to try and discourage her, but lets face it she's a cat she has a mind of her own. At least I know where to check for holes if it starts going down again. And of course Ruby will have nice clean insides as the water is chlorinated!



W is for wood and Will which featured strongly in my valentines day. Les gave me this (below) for Valentines day the left is the front and the dots are phillips head screws. He was going to paint it for me but figured I might want to alter it so he left it bare. This gift had been surreptitiously hyped leading up to Valentines day so when it was presented I was completely befuddled.


But it turns out it's the mount for this ....


Which is about 30cm high and SOLID brass. I collect G's this is one of my bigger and cooler ones... Les started the G thing when he gave me my favourite one a couple of years ago for my birthday.

Will joined us for Valentines evening...


And gave Les a present of his own making...



Y is for Yay and Yummy stuff to do awaiting me patiently on my scrapping table. That lot above arrived earlier in the week via Jacqui, trade me and Laserline. On top is a W for a monogram canvas for Will. And a caterpillar puzzle that I need to paint up, also obviously for Will. Under are a couple of words, of which the large Y is a part of, these will also be altered/decorated and you'll see them later in the year. Major fun when I prioritise the time to create! That will happen soon or I might burst.

From the same place I also got this for my collection...


And these which are also made of acrylic. There's 7 of them and I'm going to make them into a very cool album about our family.

P is for petite and perfect out on Patrols. Friday is my day that I have assigned to help at school. Kieran is on Patrols so I told Mr Hounsel that I'd do his patrol for the term if it's not raining. It was raining but we were organised so I did it anyway.

After then I went and grabbed the homework books from Merenia's class to mark for Mrs James. Merenia had a reliever today so I told the class they better be good or I'd tell Mrs James... they totally believed me.

Patrols was interesting today I hadn't seen Kieran do patrols before. It's very cool to see him understand the seriousness of the situation. But very surprising to see how nervous he is about it. He was calling today, which means he makes the judgment on traffic and says "Sign's Out". Unless the call was obvious he was quite hesitant, which is sort of a good thing, and sort of bad if he has already started to make the call and then changes his mind. It doesn't help at all that his partner feels the need to 'approve' all his calls, by checking to see if there is in fact someone crossing and whether he agrees on Kieran's timing for the Sign's out call. So it goes...

K: " s-s-s signs.... out"
J: "Um... yes... ok... signs out, wait please"
and so on...

Will on the other hand appears to be great at patrols see.....


T is for today and time to play and create and have fun... I hope.

No comments: