Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Examine- A week in the life- Day 1 Monday

So... sometime last month Ali Edwards did a week in the life project and seemed to have half the worlds scrapbookers working along with her. While I was quite keen on the project I didn't want to do it that week because it was holidays and my birthday and there were visitors and trips and all sorts making it a very atypical week.

This week finally we have what should be a relatively typical week.... that scares the almighty out of me because if this is typical I don't know how I am going to survive the rest of the year!

I'm going to put all my journalling in here and then hopefully put the album together next week so you see final layout and photos etc I think I am going to do the whole thing digitally and then put it in an 8x8 or 9x9 album. But I'll figure that out next week.

Monday started for real about 6:30am, I had already been awake 3 other times but 6:30 was it for the day... well it would have been but I must have dozed off. Les took Will and got him dressed. Waking me at around 7:25 as he had to go to work. No shower today just chucked on some clothes and got up. Finlay and Fraser were already settled into breakfast. Kieran was already ready for the day and Merenia was most of the way there. Will gummed some vegemite toast. Breakfast at the moment with him really seems like a big fat waste of time. It all end up on the floor looking only vaguely touched.

Once everyone is ready for school we usually have around 30-40 minutes of free time... I really need to find a better way of using that time because what happens is usually a rousing game of hide and seek. Will plays and I eat breakfast while reading my emails. I give Will a drink and then we head for school at around 8:25.

The next step depends on the previous nights sleep. This Monday we went to Starbucks. Mmmmm Starbucks oh how I love thee!

Back home by 9am, Will a drink and then to bed. In the weekend we had a near miss with losing 300 odd photos and I still haven't completed Will's 10 month montage so the day is to be spent dealing with photos and that's what I do... sorting, deleting, selecting, photoshopping, copying, posting, more sorting and more selecting and deleteing over the course of the day.

Will had a strangely long sleep waking at 10:30 and I gave him a drink- this baby snacks often! We play for a while on the floor while I watch All Saints, and he plays while I do some more photos. I make him lunch- I'm not sure that I had any- it was only yesterday why can't I remember?? Then we head out to work on another project I want to do. We spread some bread and old buns on the lawn and Will crawls around eating flowers, leaves and sticks while I take photos of Will and birds.

Around 1pm Will has a drink and heads back to bed I head back to the computer writing some emails, while sorting photos still and writing and thinking about blog posts.

Just on 3pm I wake Will and we head for school. I always wait till 3 as by the time I get to school the kids are generally all just assembling. When I get there they are all there except Elliot who I forgot is on Patrols on a Monday so we wait a while longer and eventually have all kids and head for home with a full car.

At home there's more hide and seek and also some running around outside I think maybe a game of touch, and computer play. Will is on the floor and I am back on the computer. Eventually the 2 F's sister arrives home and they go that way too and then Lyn arrives for Elliot. Kieran is already dressed for Hockey and Merenia get changed so she can go to.

Les arrives home and changes. All head outside and play around to spend the time before they leave for Hockey when Will is returned to me. I give him dinner that he actually likes and then we grab the camera and head outside again for more project photos- Will in the back pack pulling on my hair everyso often. We bump into Michaela and Grace by the letter box and some mutual photo taking is done- Grace has M's Camera phone.

Inside and Will get PJ's on and has a pre-bed drink. L, K and M arrive home- Merenia does homework while Les makes BLTs for a quick dinner. Kieran is off somewhere.

Will in bed we eat dinner (and watch the sports news in the case of Kieran) and Les heads off for a BOT meeting. The kids have fruit for pudding and then head to bed to read awhile. I jump back on the computer till Les comes home, around 10 I think, then I head for bed. I think Will may have woken for a drink when I went to bed but I can't be sure. I have sore wrists from the time spent using the mouse today... must get one of those gel pads... so it takes a while for me to doze off.

No comments: