Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sven gets the last word...


This is it for me on the F3J worlds until Les gets home and hopefully I will get some good photos. The last word rather deservedly goes to Sven...

Well its all over now and it has been an amazing ride for all of us I
think all of us can be truly proud what team NZ has managed being
awarded the 3rd place team FAI medal will go down as being a huge
highlight in all of our lives!!!

We really enjoyed taking the Aussies money off them last night!!!!!!!

As most of you know I narrowly missed out on 3rd place individual by
not nailing my last landing missed the 100 points by a mare 5cm such
is life!! My personal ambition was top 20 when we started to be
sitting at first after 3 days was a dream and then to make the fly
off by day 5 I was over the moon.

Both our team place and my 4th individual placing would never of been
achieved without the fantastic support we all had from everyone back
home thank you everyone for your positive texts and emails it has
been fantastic we all really appreciated it sorry if I did not get
back to everyone that text me.

For me personally I have to thank my fantastic team Joe as an amazing
caller launcher helper, Les as backup caller making some great calls
during my fly off flights!! He has some great video of me shaking
like a leaf after my low down mid air!!!

Scott and Paul fantastic pit crew getting my model repaired to fly
again.

And Dave and Kelly our most amazing towers these guys were fantastic
checking lines 3 or 4 times after every flight so we would not end up
with a disastrous line brake!!!

Full report to come when I get back to NZ end of the month am now
back in UK at the moment fly to Belgium tomorrow to be reunited with
the family after two weeks away from them.

Thanks again everyone

Cheers Sven

No comments: