Monday, July 21, 2008

Diffusing?


If you live with the motto "The flash is my enemy, except on sunny days" as I do then you'll like this... I saw it online somewhere and if I could remember where I'd give credit where credit is due but my brain is like a sieve.

So here it is the super technical, mega styly homemade film canister diffuser....

As you can see I got on old white film canister from my handy dandy photo processing shop and cut a slit/hole down one side and glued the lid on. Now it easily slips on and off my flash!

So what does it do you say? Well it diffuses the flash light of course. I never ever, never ever... well hardly ever take a photo inside or at night with the flash because you end of with some scary bright horror show photos. Most of the time this is not an issue but if the thing you want to take a photo of is a wriggly wiggly baby, or if you want to take a photo inside at night and have more natural lighting then this can be a problem as your photo may be blurry or have that yellowy cast.

Unfortunately my demo photos aren't the best subject but you get the idea..... This is flash on Ruby looks white and the carpet looks a lot brighter than in real life (if only!!)...

And here's the picture with the diffuser on the flash, Ruby is her warmer self and the carpet is starting to look as dirty as it actually is! Much nicer...


*********************

No comments: