Friday, July 11, 2008

And the sleeping was Gooooooood!



So I made a little more progress with the certificates. I just have the Rats and the Stage Crew to go now!




Pretty awesome night on the sleep front. Will woke around 2am for the first wake up I fed him and managed to stay awake to get him back in his own bed! He woke again around 5:15am and I tried to shush and sing him back to sleep but it didn't work... I could have been a little more hard core and let him cry a little but I didn't want to wake Kieran up because he's had two sleep overs since Sunday and I think considering his current disposition he needs the sleep!!! So I fed Will and snoozed and then gained enough consciousness to put him down on the bed beside me. :-) He woke up around 7:3o and I'd call that a Good Night!

Kieley sent me the link to this yesterday it's kind of fun I think... Kieran on the other hand left his sense of humour at the sleepover, such is life.

Les did send an email yesterday he said...

Not much goıng on here, I don't really feel lıke goıng out and doıng the tourıst thıng too much after the other day and are a bıt more aware of my surroundıngs now. Met up wıth an Aussıe offıcer on R&R from Bahgdad on the tour yesterday and he's stayıng just down the street so meetıng hım for lunch as he's on hıs own too. Mıght head up to the bazaar thıs afternoon as ıt looks lıke IKEA ıs goıng to be a no go wıthout tryıng to negotıate the buses or trams across town whıch I'm just not game for sorry.

Other that that I mıght do one of the evenıng cruıses up the coast but wıll have to fınd out how much that costs. The money sıtuatıon ıs good but just need to keep a lıttle back as ıt looks lıke I wıll have to pay for a taxı (about 30 bucks) to the aırport on Frıday.

Lets just remember that his other name is Nana... one little Shoe shine guy and he goes all soft! Sorry babe, but really you're in a whole other country!

He also found some info on the Stockley he found at Gallipoli. Lyn could this be one of your rellies??....

STOCKLEY, Corporal F H, who is reported to have been killed in action on July 22, was the third son of Mrs Stockley of West Tamaki and was born and educated in that district. He served in the South African War with the sixth and ninth contingents and gained the rank of Sergeant. He held the medal with five clasps. Cpl Stockley was engaged in farming until he enlisted in the main body of the expeditionary force. He joined the 3rd, Auckland, Mounted Rifles as a trooper and received his stripes in the field.
Cpl Stockley was 36 years old. [AWN 12.08.1915]


We have been invited to a party tomorrow so we are going to run to Brown's Bay and get supplies for a cool pressie this morning, then back fast for Kieran's friend Ryan to visit... see ya!

No comments: