Monday, July 7, 2008

Back to reality...


Nobody should have to get up at 7:30am on the first real day of the holidays, but we did Kieran is competing for the school in the year 5 & 6 science team. As he was at a birthday sleepover last night I had to go pick him up and drop off at his team mates place so that they could be in the city for their 9am check-in. I totally didn’t consider the fact that he would need some food so also had to make a quick dash to the diary as well.

I am sitting on the floor typing this on the laptop Will is between my legs desperately trying to reach the laptop to chew it or at least he was till he got too distraught from trying and we are now on the couch and he’s having a drink. For background noise we have the clippity clop of Merenia’s Show jumping game on the internet and a whole bunch of clonks as she knocks ALL the posts down.

So this should be the mother of all posts as I catch you up on the two weeks that were and do some other important blogging which is well overdue. This one handed typing is making for slow progress though I am greatful for small mercys at least it’s a left boob juice!

Right, he’s finished his drink and we’ve had a play and he’s back in bed! I should be cleaning the bench and stuff but we have no water so I can’t- yipeee!! So the weeks that were.

Monday 23rd saw Les head off into the sunset and I made a quick stop at Dressmart Onehunga….


Would have liked to make it a long stop but I needed to get the kids from their respective locations. Picked up Merenia from Alyssa’s and confirmed Hockey was still on so I didn’t need to worry about Kieran. Even less so as he had a great game and got player of the day.


To be honest with you I don’t much remember the rest of that week I believe that it was just the standard week with a HUGE amount of rain, thunder and hail. Fortunately that meant that netball was cancelled on the weekend! But we did get a surprise visitor....

It was great to see you Mrs Thomas!

And...
Kieran folded washing... I didn't ask him to????!!!!!

Monday saw me and Will spend the better part of the day at school taking photos of the production cast and the matinee. Will got passed around a bit, I love that he is comfortable with lots of other people...


Monday afternoon Kierans’ game was still on and for a change it didn’t rain. The girls on the team looked great as they were all Coutiers and ladies in waiting so they still had their make-up on post production. They beat Murray’s Bay 2-0 which was cool! As it was already late and we still had to do battle with the motorway we grabbed Burger King before we hit the highway.

Tuesday was the official opening night of the production I dropped Merenia off at 5pm. And then took Kieran and Elliot for fish and chips, went home and put the baby to bed and awaited the arrival of the kids after 8:30pm. Kids in bed and I sat down to stay up far too late watching the world cup results on the computer.

Wednesday was more of the same I dropped Kieran off at Elliots at 4:45 for dinner and to go to production. Took Merenia to BK and then to school. Will and I stayed on at school to take photos of the remaining cast. We got home just before 7 and followed the previous nights routine.


Thursday me and Will went shopping and got a new book for Merenia for her great school report- Kieran’s is still coming as it was not in stock. We followed the previous nights routine with the exception that I made Spagetti Bolognaise in the slow cooker that morning so the kids all ate dinner at 4:30pm??? Hello??. Dropped K to Elliots took Merenia to school. Will whose sleep had been thrown out by the shopping went to sleep on the way and then promptly woke up just after we arrived. I chucked him in the front pack thinking he’d go straight back to sleep… no such luck he had about 15 minutes around 6pm by which time y back was killing me! Oh well I thought I’ll give him at drink before the show starts at 7pm and he’ll sleep through it… yeah right!! He watched the whole thing- eating Kieley’s scarf and burbling and squealing and making raspberries the whole way through.


He was dog tired when we got home and slept terribly that night and the next day and night… poor wee dude and poor me man he nearly killed me.

I have to say all the while that this was going on I was staying up till all sorts of hours of the morning watching my computer screen to see how Les and Sven were going. So I was absolutely beyond tired.

Friday the kids started school a little late because of Will… they had been allowed to start at 11:20 since Wednesday because of the night shows… but Kieran hadn’t wanted to do that till Friday because he had a maths record to uphold and ICT… then on Friday Merenia’s class had their team privilege for the term in the first block so she didn’t want to start late… it’s typical!

Friday night was the last two prelim rounds of the world champs and I spent it on the couch talking with Kieley… which was really nice but actually really dumb because I felt like I missed out at the crucial point. We all know what happened so I won’t go there…

Lucky for me Netball was cancelled again on Saturday so we stayed home and warm… yeah still raining and thundering and lightening and hailing… two weeks of it… really sick of having the clothes rack in the lounge. Saturday night was the flyoff rounds and I had Carolann and Kieley over for dinner… It was REALLY good!! Kieley made these really yummy spicy meatballs which we dipped in youghurt and cucumber dip. I made my signature dish… Sweet Chilli Philly Chicken Pizza. And Carolann made Sticky Date Puddings… I hate dates but oh my goodness these babies are delicious!!!


Sunday was another rainy day at home....


I DID SOME SCRAPBOOKING!!!


We dropped Kieran off to Jakes for the sleepover....

and last night it was good to spend some time playing with photoshop on the computer and then I had a relatively early night.

I got a call from Kieran just before... they got 2nd in the heats so have made it through to the final... sweet!

Well Will's up and stinky so I better run and have a date with the baby wipes!



No comments: