Saturday, July 19, 2008

Seven Part 2

Ok, so maybe it didn't take me so long to get this done as I thought... but then my plans have changed completely so who knows what might have been!

I tell you it's quite a process choosing pictures for these things... some days are obvious, some days it's hard to choose the least crappy and some days there are 5 stunners, or more than photo which include important things that I want represented like eating food, K, M, or a new person on the scene.

I have to tell you a story. Despite taking the camera to the airport to capture the Daddy-baby reunion I didn't and it wasn't till about 10pm that night when I realised I hadn't taken any photos at all. So I set the camera up and put it on the tripod and managed to sneak it into the bedroom without waking Les or Will. I had it set so it would have a REALLY slow shutter speed because it was pitch black in there... aimed it at where I thought the baby was and pressed the button. The servos started for the autofocus and Will woke up! I quickly got him and the tripod and camera out of the room without waking Les who was pretty knackered after his flight. I proceeded to give Will a drink in the lounge and took some (crap) photos with the remote. What a bloody rigmarole but at least I got the photos and didn't miss the day. So I can tell you when I started sorting the months photos the other day and labelling them etc I was absolutely gutted when I realised I missed the 1st of July. Now I will never be able to say I have taken a photo of you every day of your life till.... (I was was aiming for at least the year). Now I will have to say I took a photo of you every day except the 1st of frickin' July!!!

It's a bit like not getting someone to take some decent (better than my lame arse attempt) photos of my pregnancy belly...I will most likely never have that opportunity again.

Yeah, gutted is an understatement really.

Anyway on the brighter side it is done and this month I welcome to the blog some new faces; Ma is Kieley's mum and Will's 'Auckland Granny' (finally got a picture of them together yay!), Logan D is one of my favourite students at school (I never really got to have him in my class unfortunately) but Will being a babe of good taste knows that he's one of the good guys and really likes him, and the other newbie is 'Mrs Thomas' aka Deb who dropped by for a surprise flying visit from Ohakea a couple of weeks ago.


**********************

No comments: