Saturday, April 19, 2008

several post Saturday: Goodbyes

So this week some lovely people left for one place and another.....

Mrs C our lovely librarian finally just got pushed a little too far and so she jumped ship rather unwillingly after 16.5 years. She has yet to find a new job yet so if you are in Auckland and have a job for someone who is amazing with children, costumes and books then let me know and I'll pass it onto her in a couple of weeks once she has time to recover. I made this supersized card for the librarians to give to her...


The Swansons have, like all smart Kiwis at the moment, flown the coop to Australia. I taught Jade and Kane who are both super special people... I think this is because of their Mum, Nicky, who I have mega respect for. I wasn't lucky enough to get teach Abraham so I missed out on that Swanson. But my favourite... (only by a narrow margin) is the littlest Swanson- Zada- Way COOL! Good luck in Australia guys we'll really miss you!

This was my goodbye card for them....


And a sad final farewell to Mr Peter Stonell who passed away this week far too young. My best wishes go out to his family!

And while there's nothing funny about that I do have a funny story....

Me: "Peter Stonell died"
Les: "oh that's sad... but there you go I told you running is no good for you"
Me (kind of confused): "I think it could have been the smoking actually"
Les (kind of confused): "Oh ok?"

Yeah he thought I said Peter Snell the olympic runner.

No comments: